Dog Licenses

1.Who has to license their dog?

All dogs residing in the Town of South Hadley must be licensed.

2.When do I license my dog?

Current licenses expire on March 31. The Clerk's Office begins issuing new licenses in January because reminders are included with the census. You may use the form on the census to license your dog. You must register a new dog within 30 days of receipt.

3.What do I need to bring with me to license my dog?

Proof of up-to-date rabies shots from your veterinarian is required for a license to be issued.

4.What is the fee to license my dog?

View our table to see which situation best fits you and your dog. License Fees

5.Can I register my dog online?

Yes! South Hadley is now accepting online dog registrations through Viewpermit. You will need a credit card and there is a 2.2% + .30 cent charge per transaction. Click the link below and create an account. 


6.May I license my dog by mail?

You may license your dog by mail by sending the appropriate fee, see license fees, with a copy of the current rabies certificate from your veterinarian. Please send a self-addressed stamped envelope and we will send you your dog's license with the rabies certificate. License Fees