Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to the website for South Hadley, Massachusetts
On Our Site

Town Seal

When are Building Permits Required?
Permits* are required for the following:

  • Additions/Renovation/Alterations/Change of Use/Change of Occupancy
  • Fire warning and suppression systems- (TFD permit also required)
  • Re-Siding/Re-Roofing/Replacement Windows
  • Demolition/Or moving of a structure (Health Department notification or permit is required)  
Be aware of thermostat mercury, oils, lead, asbestos…etc.

  • Asbestos Removal Information and Forms
  • Electrical Systems/Telephones/Low Voltage/Burglar alarm
  • Mechanical Systems/Refrigeration/CNG
  • Fireplaces/Wood Stoves/Power Vents
  • HVAC System (heating, venting and air conditioning)
  • New Construction (residential/commercial)
  • Accessory structures
  • Plumbing systems (any installation or repair)
  • Prefabricated structures/Manufactured homes
  • Swimming pools/Fences/Decks
  • Temporary structures/Signs/Banners
*Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list. Please check with other departments including the Board of Health, Conservation Commission, Planning Board, DPW, Wastewater Treatment Plant, and the Fire Districts (fire departments and water departments) regarding other permits which may be required.

Website Disclaimer        Privacy Statement
Virtual Towns & Schools Website