Planning & Conservation Department
- 6:30 p.m.
- Generally Second and fourth Monday of each month (unless amended - see Meeting Schedule)
- Town Hall
116 Main Street
South Hadley, MA 01075
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Brad HutchisonBoard Chair
Diane Supczak-MulvaneyBoard Vice-Chair
Joanna BrownBoard Clerk
Melissa O'BrienBoard Member
Nate TherienBoard Memeber
Michael AdelmanAssociate Board Member
The South Hadley Planning Board is an elected 5-member board who serve staggered 3-year terms. One additional person is appointed jointly by the Select Board and Planning Board to serve as an associate member pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 40A, Section 9.
Planning & Conservation Department staff provide support to the South Hadley Planning Board - most of the Board’s support is from the Department staff. However, they also provide assistance to the Zoning Board of Appeals, Conservation Commission, Redevelopment Authority and other various boards, committees, and departments. The Director of Planning & Conservation Department is appointed by and reports to the South Hadley Town Administrator.
The South Hadley Planning Board and staff assist the community in efforts to achieve balanced growth, quality development and preservation of community assets through effective development regulation, assisting in obtaining funding resources for community projects and long-term planning.
In fulfillment of this mission, the department has primary responsibilities of:
- Developing and administering the town’s Comprehensive or Master Plan
- Maintaining and administering the town’s Zoning By-Law and Subdivision Regulations
- GIS mapping of town statistical data;
- Reviewing and evaluating site plans, special permits, and subdivision plans
- Assisting other departments and the community in work on grant applications and economic development