The Planning Board, effective July 1, 2008, will schedule regular meetings at 6:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Monday of each month, unless posted otherwise.
Holidays and other factors will sometimes require adjustments to the regular schedule. When such adjustments are made, the schedule for the ensuing months will be posted here. During May and June 2020, the regular meetings are impacted by holidays, vacations and special events. Therefore, at this time, the Board has altered the schedule for regular and special meetings in January 2020 through June 2020 such that the current schedule of meetings is as follows (however, meetings may be cancelled/rescheduled and meeting times may be changed due to unexpected events):
- Monday, January 13, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearing on SHELD Old Lyman Road/Willimansett Street Project
- Monday, January 27, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, February 10, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings including Public Hearing on Proposed Definitive Plan for North Pole Estates on Hadley Street. (Please note: Time may be changed to 6:00 p.m. - check agendas when posted)
- Monday, February 24, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, March 9, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, March 23, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, April 13, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.- Regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, April 27, 2020 - MEETING CANCELLED
May 2020 (Meeting dates changed due to schedule conflicts)
- Monday, May 4, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, May 11, 2020 - MEETING CANCELLED
- Monday, May 25, 2020 - Memorial Day - MEETING CANCELLED
June 2020 (Meeting dates changed from 2nd & 4th Mondays to 1st and 3rd Mondays as noted below due to schedule conflicts)
- Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.- Regular Business & Public Hearings
- Monday, June 15, 2020 at 6:30 p.m. - Regular Business & Public Hearings
While special meetings are rare, they may be scheduled as necessary and will be posted no less than 48 hours on the bulletin board at Town Hall prior to the meeting as required by State Law and on the town’s website calendar.
Unless posted otherwise, all meetings are scheduled to be held in the Selectboard meeting room in Town Hall.
Submittal of Items for Meeting Agendas
The Planning Board agenda is generally posted no later than the Thursday preceding the scheduled meeting date. Therefore, materials for items to be placed on the agenda must be received in the Planning Board Office no later than the Monday preceding the Planning Board meeting at which it is to be considered.
Exceptions to this policy include:
- Items for which a public hearing must be scheduled, such as a definitive plan, special permit, or site plan review, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date for which a public hearing is being requested.
- Items which do not require a public hearing, but do require notification of abutters, such as illumination of a sign, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 21 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.
- Items which require inter-departmental reviews, but not a public hearing, such as a preliminary subdivision plan, are to be submitted in their entirety no less than 35 days prior to the date on which the Planning Board is to meet to consider the item.