Programs & Services
- Billiards (Temporarily off-site at Lathrop Village)
- Book Club Monthly List of Books
- Coffee & Conversation
- Color Me Calm
- Healthy Bones & Balance
- Maurice "Fitz" & Margaret Fitzgerald Fitness Center (On hold while at temporary site)
- Fitness with Heidi
- Music Appreciation
- Support Groups
- Tai Chi
- Veterans Group
- Water Colors
- Blood Pressure
- Brown Bag
- Exercise & Personal Training Programs
- Files of Life
- Foot Nurse
- Health Programs & Screenings
- Low Vision Group
- Monthly Newsletter
- Food Stamps and Food Programs
- Fuel Assistance
- Prescription Advantage
- RMV Near Me: Assistance with Registry of Motor Vehicle on line services
- SHINE (Health Insurance Assistance)
- PVTA Bus Tickets
- Tax Assistance
- Travel Club
- Weight Watchers Meetings
The support programs listed below are made possible by grants from WestMass ElderCare and by funding from the Older Americans Act through the Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs and the Administration for Community Living.
Call the COA at 413-538-5030 for more information.
Meets every 2nd Wednesday of the month at 10:00 at the Council on Aging. A welcoming place for those with memory impairment and their caregiver to spend time together. Facilitated by experienced staff.
Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Group:
Meets on Thursdays at 10:00 at the Council on Aging. A group designed to support those caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's Disease and/or Dementia. Facilitated by experienced staff.
Companion/Escort Transportation Program:
For individuals who qualify. Free transportation to medical appointments in South Hadley and outside of South Hadley.
Daily Mini-Bus Service:
To and from the Council on Aging. In-town appointments and grocery shopping on Tuesday & Fridays at Big Y. Wednesday Trips to Neighbors Helping Neighbors Food Pantry. One day advance notice for reservations by calling 413-538-5030.