Council on Aging resumes limited in-town transportation services
In-town transportation via the the South Hadley minibus is available for rides within town and transportation to and from a local vaccination site. Effective May 29, 2021, masks continue to be required for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals at all times on public and private transportation, including on the MBTA, commuter rails, buses, ferries, airplanes, while in rideshares (Uber and Lyft), taxis, and livery vehicles, as required by the Centers for Disease Control January 29, 2021 order. Face coverings are also required at all times in transportation hubs, including train stations, bus stops, and airports. The requirement applies to riders and workers.
- Transportation hours are Monday - Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Riders must schedule rides at least 24 hours in advance
- Call the Council on Aging at 538-5030 for more information and to schedule a ride
A 12 passenger, air-conditioned vehicle donated to the town by the Friends of South Hadley Elderly, Inc. provides transportation to and from the senior center. Transportation is available for senior center activities and appointments within South Hadley beginning on July 1, 2008. Also rides for grocery shopping are provided on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Wednesday rides are provided the Neighbors Helping Neighbors Food Pantry. Special trips are also planned on occasion.
- $0.75 one way to the Senior Center
- $1.25 one way to places within South Hadley
- $3 one way to neighboring towns (Chicopee / Granby / Holyoke / Hadley)
- $5 one way to towns / cities beyond those that border South Hadley