South Hadley Conservation Land Regulations
The following regulations are in effect:
- No unauthorized motorized vehicles allowed
- No alcoholic beverages, no glass bottles
- No littering! Pack in, pack out
- No open fires
- Conservation Areas are open from dawn to dusk
- All passive outdoor activities that take place within 100 feet of wetlands or water shall be confined to existing trails
- All horseback riding and mountain bikes shall be restricted to existing trails
- Plants may not be cut or removed other than for scientific purposes and as specifically authorized by the Conservation Commission
- Dogs must be leashed at all times
- Pick up after your dog; do not leave bagged pet waste
- Fishing is allowed and must comply with all Massachusetts Laws
- Hunting is only permitted at the Bachelor Brook-Stony Brook Conservation Area.
- All hunting activities must comply with Massachusetts regulations and statutes. To learn more, visit the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife: https://www.mass.gov/hunting-regulations
- Hunting is PROHIBITED at all other Town-owned Conservation Areas.
- No hunting on Sundays anywhere in Massachusetts.
- Wear blaze orange clothing and be safe!
Social Justice Statement
Conservation Commission Social Justice Statement