Does the town allow use variances?
No. Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 40A permits use variances only when authorized by a municipal Zoning Bylaw. South Hadley’s Zoning Bylaw does not make provisions for any form of use variances. The South Hadley Zoning Bylaw allows for some uses by special permit, however, this is not the same as a use variance. Therefore, the town does not allow use variances, only dimensional variances. For access to the bylaw, a special permit document and dimensional variances information, please visit this page:Use Variances Page

Show All Answers

1. What is the zoning of my property?
2. What are the building setbacks in South Hadley?
3. What is the process for changing the zoning classification of a piece of property?
4. How many unregistered vehicles can my neighbor have on their property?
5. Can commercial vehicles be parked in a residential district?
6. What are the zoning restrictions for installing a fence on my property?
7. How can I obtain a copy of the town’s Zoning Bylaw, Subdivision Regulations or other town requirements?
8. How do I file a complaint about a zoning violation?
9. How do I find out if a development is planned for a particular area or neighborhood?
10. How do I obtain a variance or file an administrative appeal?
11. Does the town allow use variances?