If numbers are your thing, consider applying to the Appropriations Committee. There is one vacant position available which needs filling.
The Appropriations Committee works with the town accountant and town administrator, giving guidance to develop the annual fiscal budget. Appropriations Committee members review forecasted spending and cost centers. They assist the Selectboard and Capital Planning Committee in their work from a financial perspective.
If you’re interested in serving as a member, apply here. After this vacancy has been advertised for 30 days, Town Moderator John Hine will conduct interviews of candidates and make final appointments.
There’s also many other boards and committees that have vacancies needing to be filled. Positions are available on the:
- Bike/Walk Committee *
- Bylaw Review Committee
- Canal Park Committee
- Commission on Disabilities
- Council on Aging *
- Cultural Council
- Golf Commission
- Historical Commission *
- Historic District Study Committee *
- Master Plan Implementation Committee *
- Planning Board - Associate Member
- Sustainability & Energy Commission
- Trustees of the Old Firehouse Museum
- Zoning Board of Appeals
The Selectboard is seeking citizens with diverse interests and abilities to apply for all of these available positions. There are no special requirements for any of the boards and committees other than a willingness to serve. However, applicants must be registered to vote in the Town of South Hadley.
Apply by Jan. 30, and learn more, here.
Applicant interviews with the Selectboard will be scheduled for Feb. 4 and 18. The Selectboard interviews and appoints residents to boards and committees three times a year - February, June and October. If you are unable to attend a February interview, the next time you may interview is June.
* Boards/Committees with an asterisk include some vacancies accepted by the Selectboard on Jan. 21. These vacancies need to be advertised for 30 days before being filled and therefore will not be filled during the February appointment period. They will be filled in June.
For information about specific boards and committees, click here.