Nomination papers for Selectboard, School Committee, Board of Assessor, Board of Health, Planning Board, Municipal Light Board, Trustee for Free Public Library, Housing Authority, Town Moderator and Town Meeting Member are now available digitally until Feb. 19 at 5 p.m. The deadline to return papers is Feb. 23 at 5 p.m.
All voters registered to vote in South Hadley are eligible to run for town office and town meeting member.
Due to COVID-19, town offices are closed to the public. However, interested candidates should fill out the Candidates' Request for Nomination Papers Form and email or snail mail it to the town clerk’s office at 116 Main Street to obtain nomination papers.
A full list of instructions and the application form can be found here:
Positions are available on:
- Selectboard (2 members) three-year term
- School Committee (2 members) three-year term
- Planning Board (2 members) three-year term
- Library Trustee (3 members) three-year term
- Town Moderator (1 member) three-year term
- Board of Assessors (1 member) three-year term
- Board of Health (1 member) three-year term
- Board of Health (2 members) one-year term
- Housing Authority (2 members) five-year term
- Housing Authority (1 member) four-year term
- Municipal Light Board (2 members) three-year term
- Town Meeting Member Precinct A, B, C, D, & E (8 members per precinct) three-year term
- Town Meeting Member Precinct A, B, C, & E (1 member per precinct) two-year term