South Hadley MA Homepage
When do I file for an abatement for overvaluation?

Your application must be filed with the board of assessors on or before the date the first installment payment of the actual tax bill mailed for the fiscal year is due, unless you are a mortgagee. If so, your application must be filed between September 20 and October 1. Actual tax bills are those issued after the tax rate is set. You must file by the due date of your 3rd quarter actual tax bill. The due date is typically February 1.

Show All Answers

1. What is personal property?
2. Who must pay this tax?
3. What is a form of list?
4. Who must file a return?
5. When and where must my return be filed?
6. Can I get an extension of the filing deadline?
7. What is the penalty for filing late?
8. What is the return used for and who has access to it?
9. When do I file for an abatement for overvaluation?
10. Who is eligible to file for an abatement?
11. Are there instructions available to assist me in filing an application for abatement?
12. Where do I file applications for abatement?
13. Where do I get applications for abatement?
14. Are abatement applications public records?
15. Should I provide any data with my application?
16. Where can I see a list of the personal property tax rolls?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow