Municipal Reopening Information
The reopening of municipal facilities and buildings will be gradual as we slowly begin to head into a post-pandemic world. The Health Department is reviewing reopening plans for municipal buildings.
The South Hadley Public Library and Gaylord Memorial Library are offering modified in-person access to each location.
- Face masks are required to enter each building. Patrons unable to wear masks will be offered outdoor curbside delivery.
- Social distancing will be enforced
- Services and service areas may continue to be limited.
- Close contact assistance from staff will not be available.
- Curbside/outdoor pickup will be offered for those who are uncomfortable or unable to come into the building following these guidelines.
Read the full reopening plan and guidelines for the South Hadley libraries, here.
Parks & Trails:
South Hadley parks, playgrounds, outdoor basketball courts, athletic fields are open with limitations.
- For those using town trails - if there are more than five cars parked in a lot or in the general area where it would suggest the occupants of those vehicles are on the trails, we ask you to consider waiting until you can safely navigate the trails. Be considerate of those who may be waiting and limit your visit to two hours or less.
- On some trails directional arrows have been installed and we ask you to follow those arrows to reduce face to face contact. Please remain at least six feet apart while on the trails and do not gather in groups greater than 10 people.
- Pack it in, pack it out. If you have trash you need to dispose of, please take it home with you if there are no trash receptacles in the area or if they are full.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Pick up any dog poop - do not leave it on a trail or in a bag on a trail.
These facilities and buildings remain closed at this time. Reopening plans are being created and will be implemented over time.
- Town hall remains closed to the public. All services are available digitally or by appointment outdoors in some cases.
- The transfer station and compost area remain accessible by appointment only.
- The senior center temporarily at St. Theresa's Church is closed to the public.
- The DPW offices are closed to the public.
- Buttery Brook Park is not accepting pavilion reservations this year.
If you have a specific question for a municipal department, call (413) 538-5030 for a dial-by-number directory or use this staff directory.
To Pay Bills
- Use InvoiceCloud. Click here: https://www.southhadley.org/336/Payment-Methods),
- Use your online banking system
- Mail payments to 116 Main St., South Hadley, addressed to the specific office. (We encourage checks/money orders instead of cash at this time).
- Drop off payments in the black mailbox between the South Hadley Police Station and town hall. (We encourage checks/money orders instead of cash at this time).
Permitting / Licensing / Vital Records
- To obtain a permit, click here: https://www.southhadley.org/922/Permits-Licenses
- To license your dog or obtain certificates and records, click here: https://www.southhadley.org/687/Licenses-Permits-and-Records